The Eolo is one of the few remaining bragozzo boats, which was typically used on the Venetian lagoon. These once common sail boats had been used for fishing since the days of the Serenissima Republic.
Its flat bottom meant that it could be used both in the shallow lagoon waters and the open sea; the brightly coloured sails were chosen by the owner, while the boat was decorated with multi-coloured or religious motifs.
The Eolo was built in Chioggia in 1946 with two other identical boats and was used for fishing until 1967, when she was bought by a keen boat-builder who kept her in tip-top condition. Recent restoration work has made the interiors more comfortable and fit for year-round cruising.